A day in the life and home of a child in a informal settlement


7:39 I woke  up to the sound of my bother shouting. last night I ask my mom to get better wall but she was drunk. I can hear every drop of rain and I have to go to school. My legs are freezing. I get out of bed my legs feel numb I go walk to the cupboard open and there no food (that’s not new) wow. 7:45
I’m dressed but I’m staving and the walk to school so so long. 7:46 I have started my walk to school their people throwing litter everywhere 8:00 I have arrived there’s less People then yesterday. (Sigh) I’m so hungry o look there’s litter suck to my foot they should Really clean up the litter school. Has started I bealry can hear the teacher. The only I can think about is food  it’s the only thing on my mind. (Lunch time time 10:45) No food I just wish have people will give me food for me. Back in class I don’t even hear the teacher the only thing on my mind is food and even if I was not hungry I still will not hear her because their is over 60 kids in one class. School has just ended now I’m thinking of that long walk. Theirs litter everywhere kids playing in litter.gangs beating up people ,houses on fire they shod build house like mrs Benedict
She has a house made out of sand bags with can’t build be lit on fire not every easy. We could have a better house if my mom gets a job and stops drinking and wasting ow money on drinking. We would have a nice house not a shake. And I’m trying to stay away from sick poeple because there are so many because 3000 people use one doctors I have made it home. My bother is sleeping and my mother gone  I hope she’s getting food . I found some food hmmm it tastes so good. My mom is home and she got supper it’s not a bid supper. But we have no stove to cook it on so I have to made a braai I’m done eeting now I must go to bed bye.


















Comments

  1. Nice story Jordan.I hope i never have to do that stuff.i hope people can get food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, honestly, you've lost me for words, its like your really there! And its pretty sad that your mom (in the story) drinks, that's an amazing story and its all I have to say, again i'm lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Jordan
    Well Done!
    Did the writing teach you more about the life of a informal settlement residence?\

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

charls story

Coding is fun